Wednesday, November 17, 2010

wow ...

well, I just had to get on here and share ... what is it with me? After an afternoon of crafting (aka: working) while entertaining Zoey AND encouraging Annicka to get her sloppy copy done (reports, ugh) I walked outside to help Jericho with his chore ... the air was crisp and suddenly I wanted to take a walk! Nearly fifteen minutes later the babies were bundled, the big kids had located helmets (poor Jericho got stuck with a flower one, perhaps he'll learn to put things away? ha ha!), the whining was done (about not being able to find "this" or "that") and we were off! I got quite a laugh watching Annicka attempt to get down a little hill in her roller blades - she's hilarious on those things! It was going along so smoothly for about ten-point-two seconds ... ok - maybe a bit longer than that ... then Liam took a little tumble. He tripped and fell and scraped his little knees - poor baby! It always makes me especially sad, because he was SO happy to be out and getting to walk on his own (not ride in the stroller) ... it broke my heart! We headed home to clean him up.

Daddy drove into the driveway just as we got back to our street, so after cleaning Liam up Jericho and I headed back out. Annicka had to stay home and finish that sloppy copy - she was not happy! We made it quick and came back for her, waited for her, and headed out for one final round! It felt great to be outside. It was only three short little walks, but I still feel good for doing something that resembles "exercise".

I don't know what came over me really, but maybe those short walks motivated me? I had decided to skip the party I was invited to, since I have MOPS tomorrow night and another event on Saturday - I was bummed, but knew my hubby would appreciate it. He had made a quick dinner while we were out, so we all ate and then I got busy again. I bathed both babies, cleaned the upstairs bathroom, fed Zoey some "real" food (baby cereal with baby bananas - she did pretty good too), vacuumed the kids' rooms (after having them pick up), then read stories, read AWANA verses and put the boys to bed! whew! I just may have a presentable house by Friday for my folks after all?!

Now I'm debating between getting back to work on hair pretties or watching the netflix movie that came in today: Date Night! I'll probably go with the movie - seeing as how the hubs already fell asleep on the couch - lol! (which means I can change it from the sports channel) We shall see, but first I think I'm gonna have a snack with my girlie ... who's almost ten years old - that's insane!

Here's some pics from our first walk:








No comments:

Post a Comment