Sunday, November 21, 2010

the very special cake ...

A couple months ago I had the privilege of meeting a new friend! New friends are always great - it's nice to know a few people. I have had lots of periods of time where I knew no one, so it's definitely nice to be in a place where I'm meeting many people ... anyway, this new friend has a very special talent - she makes cakes.

Let me re-phrase: she makes awesome cakes!

Let me re-phrase again: she is awesome!

So, I decided that for the second time in the history of birthdays, I would not make Annicka's birthday cake. (the only other time I've purchased a birthday cake - for anyone here - was for Annicka's first birthday!) It's sort of funny that Annicka was a little skeptical and even at first seeing her beautiful cake, she seemed resistant to like it. I'm not sure if she thought she'd hurt my feelings or if she's just that sentimental ... but she perked up and LOVED her ocean theme cake! It beats a pillsbury mix cake - in the pan, no less (as I generally leave it in there) - by a long shot. A very, very, very looooonngggg shot!!! I'll definitely be sticking to buying cakes for all the kids next year, I'm already excited thinking of what to do for my sweet baby's first birthday!!!

I have to say, too, that the cake didn't just look good ... it tasted amazing! Annicka chose "cookies & cream" (I may have encouraged that choice, just a tad) and we all loved it. Yum-OH!

So, without further ado ... here is that magnificent cake:




No comments:

Post a Comment