Thursday, November 4, 2010

thankful ...

4~ I'm thankful for freedom

It is with shame I admit that you may have heard words escape my mouth such as a sarcastic "gee, I'm glad we live in a free country" or something like "so this is what they call freedom?" ... usually it's in regards to school rules and/or "systems" that seem like they're taking away parent's rights! But the truth is, we do live in a free country - it may feel like we have our hands tied in certain areas, but just imagine how much worse it would be if we didn't have the freedoms we have in America!

Now, I'm not up to date on much of anything ... and I certainly don't know much about politics or our government, etc. So, please don't think I'm saying I do. I'm speaking just for myself - these are just my opinions based on the little bit of knowledge/experience I have!

Being a military family, I'm also aware of what our freedom really costs. Recently two men from our current base (who were deployed) were involved in a tragic event - one was seriously injured, the other lost his life. I know many people disagree with war and with a lot of what happens in our world ... but I feel we MUST be thankful for the soldiers willing to fight for our rights as a country.

I've never given any of this much thought, to be honest. Right now, though, I just have this overwhelming need to be very thankful for all the freedoms we have. I'm proud to be an American.

p.s. sorry if this all sounds like mumbo jumbo - it's the true ramblings of my mind at this very moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment