Tuesday, November 9, 2010

thankful ...

8~ I'm thankful for modern medicine

In light of recent events, I found myself quite thankful that there are medicines to help my child get better from an "illness"! I can't imagine living in a time where you got sick and only prayed you'd get better before being bed ridden, suffering, and potentially dying. Ok - so I'm feeling a little dramatic this morning, but really ... as much as I hate giving my kids medicine, I know it can be a wonderful thing!

9~ I'm thankful for a sense of humor

This came to my mind as I was vacuuming the floor this morning. I was mulling over yesterday afternoon and thinking - it sure is good I was able to find some humor in it all. I had originally told the kids that anyone who didn't behave would receive a "pop" when we got home, obviously the threat had no effect on the boys! I don't know why I threaten that so much, since I rarely end up following through (a "pop" is a smack on the rear-end, for anyone who is confused). Instead, all the way driving I imagined myself spanking the feathers out of a pillow ... surprisingly this seemed to really help me get past my frustrations! So, as I was thinking about that this morning I had to really laugh at myself - how such a thought ever entered my mind, I shall never know?

No comments:

Post a Comment