Monday, November 15, 2010

thankful ...

14~ I'm thankful for base housing

You can see my backyard/back of my house from the "main road" here and yesterday as I drove by I was sort of blown away that that was "my" house! We don't own it or anything, but still. From the back our house looks so huge ... and it is compared to many of the homes we've lived in previously. Especially here in California I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be able to live in a nice home with my family! It may have some crazy light wiring (lights turn off/on by themselves!) and the pipes under the sink may not be high quality (we've had issues at both houses here) ... but hey, I love my home and I love that my kids get to have so many memories in it!

15~ I'm thankful for AWANA

This may seem like another one that's a little out of the blue - lol. I was so excited to learn that there was AWANA right here on base! In Oklahoma it was a short drive off base and Annicka started there when she was almost five (if I remember correctly)! In Oregon I had issues with getting her there every week, even though it was right down the road. Last year both kids started here, and while Jericho only went half the year (it really wasn't worth the frustration of forcing him to go when he decided he didn't want to) Annicka finished it out and loved it! Jericho is in Sparks this year and Annicka is T&T again. I'm really proud of both of them (though, admittedly I wish Annicka was more motivated) and I love working on verses with Jericho every night at bedtime! It's a great program and seeing as how we don't seem to get to church it makes me feel good that they're still getting some "God" each week!

No comments:

Post a Comment