Sunday, November 7, 2010

thankful ...

and in my busy day yesterday, I also forgot to do my thankful post! so here's yesterday's and today's:

6~ I'm thankful for my washer and dryer

another weird one, right! I saw a friend of mine the other day and she was saying how she had to do laundry at the laundromat here on base ... that got me thinking: I'm SO glad that I have a washer and dryer (so do they, but they're having some electrical and maybe plumbing issues, I think she said)!!! It about kills me, still, that we spent all that money on them when we actually didn't need new ones; but like my hubby says, now we have the ones I wanted anyway! I was talking to another friend about laundry and we were saying how it seems if you don't do a load a day then you some how have like three to do ... I know that my washer and dryer definitely get a work out! It's true, too, if I go a day or two and don't do laundry - I seem to have three solid days worth to catch up, how does that happen??? Anyway, I'm thankful I have a way to wash my clothes in my own home ... and I'm not having to do too much work to get it done - beat and hang the clothes anyone???

7~ I'm thankful for friends

Friday night I got to have a girls night out, and I had a blast! We started the evening with a movie, "You Again" - I thought it was cute, a great "chick flick"! Then we went to Toys R Us and started our Christmas shopping - I mostly was browsing to get ideas, but I did get the big kids new razor scooters for Christmas (shhhh). They were 50% off, so only $20 each - which was awesome since they both needed new ones (Annicka's is old and rusty and Jericho's is the little kid type, being passed to Liam). I also picked up an "electronic drum pad" for Annicka - normally $25, on clearance for $10 (again, SHHHHH) - for her birthday! She loves playing rock band and doing the drums, so I figured she'd love it! I'm getting sidetracked, anyway - next was a bite to eat at In N Out ... it was, let's say interesting - we found out In N Out is the place to be on a friday night - lol!!!

So, anyhow, I had a really good time and it really got me thinking how thankful I am to have friends to hang out with! It's great to just get out and have fun and laugh! Thanks girls - you know who you are! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment