Monday, November 8, 2010

antihistamines, antibiotics, & inhalers - OH MY!!!

so, I took Annicka to the doc today (ok, it was urgent care - it's very rare to actually get an appt. with the pediatrician) and we're now treating her "chronic cough" as well as some "congestion" in her lungs (meaning, he heard some rattling in there). She has an antibiotic to kill any bacteria, prednisone to help her breathing, an inhaler for the shortness of breath (which happens sometimes when she coughs, according to her), and an antihistamine in case there's some allergies going on!

Guess it was good I did take her in. I really don't like taking my kids to the doctors, mostly because it usually ends up being something that we just have to "wait out" - which makes me feel helpless. Also, though, because when I have to take all of them with me - it really is quite an outing! Today was a good example of just how difficult it can be - I seriously have a headache now.

I swear I've rarely seen children as roudy and out of control as mine. It's embarrassing - for real! Oh, and Liam has a new thing ... running off from me - so fun! Speaking of Liam, he's been especially wild & crazy today ... it was mostly him that was being so LOUD! Oh my goodness, I always wonder what the doctors think of me ... then again, maybe I'd rather not know!

No comments:

Post a Comment