Tuesday, November 2, 2010

being thankful ...

so, I just got this idea from a facebook friend - every day of the month of November, post something you're thankful for! I want to do it on my blog so I'll have it to look back on - plus I might remember a bit better this way (have you noticed how much better I've been doing since deciding to post less on facebook and more on here?)! so, I missed yesterday - so I'll do two today:

1~ I'm thankful for my children
this could get long! I really don't know what my life would be without my children! I really hate to admit this, but I've been going through this sort of selfish phase lately ... different from my normal selfishness! In some ways, I think it's been beneficial (like me just saying - hey, I'm gonna go to the gym ... which I do while they're asleep, but still) and in others, not so much. It can actually be easy to imagine all the freedom one might have if they weren't responsible for a home and little ones ... but it's not a fun thing to think about, because then you realize all the joy you'd be missing out on. Parenthood is most certainly a difficult task, but it's true what they say - about how rewarding it is as well. We're currently trying to get some things under control around here and get the kids to be a little more responsible around the home ... and I'm trying to yell less, this is very difficult for me - it just seems to be in my nature to be loud when I'm frustrated! but back to the point: I'm so very thankful for each of my children, and while they may think otherwise (and sometimes they express this) I love them for just who they are ... I do not want to change them whatsoever, just teach them to be respectful and responsible!

2~ I'm thankful for my husband
Maybe I should have put this one first, but they're not in order or anything! I'm very thankful to have a husband who so willingly provides for us. I know that he would never sit around and make us go without - no matter what, he would always work and provide - and that means a lot to me! I love that he gives so much of himself to us. He is more than willing to take care of our children, I don't have to beg ... he just does it cause he's daddy and he loves them. I love that he doesn't mind me going out with a friend while he stays home with the kids - how awesome is that?! (I do have to remind myself not to take advantage of this!) I love that he has a "hobby" (if you call it that) that he's passionate about. Really it's more like an active collection, but it really is fun seeing the sparkle in his eye - like a kid on Christmas morning - when he finds a good deal and gets something "new"! (but don't tell him I said this - I'll completely deny it - I gotta keep my cover, after all) It's seems like it's far too easy to see the negative and pick people apart with all their "faults", which is why I keep trying so hard to focus on the good in people. Our husbands should be one of our greatest "treasures", I think - so I know I need to try harder to show all the appreciation I have for him. He really is a super duper great guy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment