Saturday, November 13, 2010

it's killin me ...

saying good-bye to baby stuff! All of Zoey's tiny clothes have either sold at yard sales or are in my yard sale boxes! In the past two weeks I've sold: a highchair, a swing, and a travel swing frame on craigslist (also some toys - a slide and a tool bench) ... I also have someone interested in the crib/changing table (and the basketball hoop too)! I just listed her kickin coaster, I loved that thing - she's just not into it though! I've also said good-bye to the baby bath (which was Liam's too) and all of our diaper genies/champs!

This is seriously hard for me - on the one hand, we need to get stuff OUT of here ... on the other hand, I get attached to stuff (that's why we still have SO many toys too) and it's hard for me to say bye-bye, but I'm doing it! I can honestly say, though I can hardly believe I'm willing to put this on record, that right now I feel very ... shall we say "my hands are full"? I do have days that feel overwhelming and my previous desire to always want another baby has definitely diminished. I feel very happy with the four blessings I have and right now I feel our family is "perfect" just as it is!

... so, good-bye baby stuff. Perhaps we'll see your return in about fifteen to twenty years - grandchildren, I've heard that's the BEST! Something to look forward to in the (far) future!

No comments:

Post a Comment