Wednesday, November 24, 2010

thankful ...

23~ I'm thankful for God

Definitely the number one "thing" to be thankful for in my life. A God who loves even though I am so imperfect. A God who forgives me if I just ask. A God who deserves every bit of praise I can give. Without God, where would I be? I can tell you, it wouldn't be good. Sometimes it's hard to remember to give God the glory He deserves, but when I'm in the frame of mind to remember every little thing I always feel so much better. Thank You God for loving me. Thank You for sending Jesus. Thank You for always being there, even when I slip up or when I forget that You're there.

24~ I'm thankful to have enough

So, it may sound a little sarcastic - but I don't mean it that way. Right now we're dealing with some things that affect our finances, it's very scary. I'm having to remember to just trust in God that everything will work out and that we'll be ok! It also occurred to me, though, I need to be thankful that we have "enough". We can survive. That's a lot more than so many other people, so I do not want to take it for granted. We're all healthy, we have a beautiful home to live in, we have food to eat ... so, maybe my black friday shopping will consist more of watching others spend their money (that's the best way to shop anyhow - lol) and me not buying much, but I can also be thankful to have my mom and friends to have a fun day with!

No comments:

Post a Comment