Friday, December 10, 2010

Zoey's Christmas countdown ...

Fifteen days until Christmas...
So, I'm cheating today - this pic is from wednesday! I did take a pic that day, but then ran out of time to blog it ... so, I'll use it today! I know she's not dressed Christmas, but I was pretty proud of the hubs having not only dug through a tote for clothes for her (I'm not gonna lie - he probably felt that was easiest, her room is so disorganized) but finding a matching outfit!!! AND it looked absolutely adorable on her, too! So, I let her have at the tree - she found that quite fun!

I've gotta share about the fun I had last night! It was our Christmas MOPS meeting. There was tons of food (I ate so much I nearly felt sick) and we played that gift game ... you know the one where everyone has a number, determining the order of who gets to open a gift! So, you get to your number and open up a gift and everyone oohs and aahs over it and then when it's their turn they can steal it from you OR open a new gift. Once it's been stolen twice, it's frozen or "dead" and that person gets it for keeps! ... well, the game got super interesting last night!

I'm not gonna lie - usually when I play this game I get some random little item that no one has any interest in stealing (and it's usually something that, while I appreciate it, I'm not crazy about it ... so I'm always wishing someone would steal it - lol ... on that note, it sucks that I seem to always pick those items too - as in the gift I bring, no one ever likes/wants it - anyway ...). So, I was number 11 last night and when my turn came I decided not to steal, instead I opened a gift. I can't remember anymore what it was (you'll know why I'm having memory failure in a minute, there was a lot to keep track of) but whatever it was - I didn't have it for long, someone stole it. I opened another gift, again - it was soon stolen.

I think it was the most entertaining game of "secret santa" (or whatever it's called) I've EVER played!!! By the end of the night I had opened at more than five gifts AS WELL AS stole several (only to have them stolen from me)- I think about 11 gifts went through my hands in all!!! ... and whenever my turn was up -again- anything I really wanted was frozen! I finally chose a little bag and it was a sweet ornament with the saying about how mom's hold their children's hands for a short time, but their hearts forever ... very sweet and cute and I didn't figure anyone was going to want to steal it from me ...

I was wrong!

One of my friends sure did steal it from me after someone stole from her! but, guess what, that meant it was my turn again and I was excited ... I could finally get one of the items I was oohing and aahing over - a cute snowman ornament AND it would be mine as I'd be the second to steal it!!! yes, I did - I walked right over and took it and now it's hanging on my tree!



I don't think it would have mattered if I came home with a bag of coal ... it will be an evening I'll remember, and treasure, always! Not that I like to be the center of attention, or anything, but even I got to the point of being comfortable having to keep getting up in front of everyone to open a gift or steal a gift! It gave us all many laughs and that's priceless! I love that I can get together with other moms and have such a fun time!

... but I sure do love my little snowman!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment