Monday, December 13, 2010

oh so sweet ...

so, Jericho just asked me what he looked like when he was little ... well son, come on over and I'll show you! So, we're looking at pics here on the computer and there was one with me in it ... Annicka declares "wow, you look young"! so, does that mean I look old now? a few pics later it was me the night before Jericho was born, all huge belly and Jericho says "you look smooth"! huh??? then there's one of me, Annicka, and Jericho all sound asleep in my bed ... I noticed a striking resemblance between Annicka (then) and Liam (now) and said "wow, look how much that looks like Liam" and Annicka goes, "yah" ... then she realizes, "hey, that's me ... I look ugly"! I guess she thought her hair looked funny?!

other cute things to remember from the past week - how adorable it is when I call Liam and he says "what is it, mama" ... I love that. Also, last night at bedtime I said "I love you so much" and he said, oh so sweetly, "I love you so much mama" ... talk about melting my mama heart! I hope I can always remember his sweet little two year old voice.

Isn't it funny how much kids change as they grow? Things like their voices ... and you just want to hold onto every little detail forever, because you know before you know it they'll change. When I look back at photos, or -more rarely- videos, I always realize how much I've forgotten. Whether it's the way Annicka might have pronounced something when she was little, or a phase she went through, or how different Jericho looked as a baby ... you think you'll never forget all of those sweet things, but I do!

It's just one more reminder to me why I blog! I've still only managed to get one book printed, but I also still plan to catch up - sooner or later (I only need about $500, no problem - right ... yah right!) I fully intend on these blogs being our family scrapbooks, so sometimes the subjects I write about are boring to my readers ... but it's always something I know I want to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment