Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

our Christmas morning started as usual, well - I take that back! A certain ten year old was asking me if it was time to open presents at 1:30am ... one-thirty AM! Now, I like my sleep, so - even though it's Christmas - I sent her back to bed! It wasn't long before she was back though, this time with the five year old. I told them they had to wait for daylight (I know, meanie - but the babies have runny noses and I didn't want to wake Liam at 5:30am). They both were on my bed from that point, watching A Christmas Story on tv!

as soon as they spotted daylight they were pestering again, it was nearing 7am and I was out of excuses. so, we gently woke Liam up and headed downstairs. stockings are always the first thing they get to open, which worked out especially nice since they're in the stairway this year!
he kept saying "lightning" - he loved his socks!

and, of course, he always loves new cars!


Annicka's stocking stash

Jericho's stocking stash

Liam's stocking stash

Zoey's stocking stash

daddy was already downstairs - Zoey had fussed at 3am (she's congested, so
the sleep thing is a bit rough again these days) and he slept on the couch
with her! she woke up when we came down - and, as you can see, she woke up happy!

time for presents ...


he went straight for the toy story geotrax

then he saw his hippo

then decided to open a little gift, I believe it was the one from sissy!

he was pretty excited about his r/c vehicle

slowly, but surely




Zoey finally gets some gifts!

he's been wanting a Woody of his own (and Liam's wanted a Buzz)
*we have all the characters, well the main ones, even some doubles - but
they were "technically" Annicka's and she's been unwilling to share!
so, we've managed to get Woody for Liam and Buzz for Jericho (through
the year) but then they fought. aww, sibling rivalry!

she's enjoying this

a Buzz shake it "car"
(it was a very Cars & Toy Story Christmas, which made for one
very happy little Liam)








here he is naming all the characters!

I just couldn't get him to look at me

almost forgot this one! good thing daddy reminded me!
(and we have a lost present and I remembered another one
that's still upstairs - I'm so unorganized)

Annicka's loot

Jericho's loot

Liam - with his loot

Zoey - with her loot


it was a fun morning (ok, I was being a little obsessive about trying to keep
track of what was from who ... drove the hubs nuts and he was making
comments, so I stopped! but thank you to all our family and our friends
for all the lovely gifts - they loved everything, so I can assure you
they liked whatever you gave them - lol)

... and that's it. another Christmas over.

no fancy food around here. I did try my hand at alfredo sauce (googled a recipe) and it turned out not bad, that was for lunch. daddy made dinner - potatoes, eggs, turkey bacon, yum.

now we're trying to pick up all these toys.
or should I say, we're trying to get the children to pick them up ...
that's not going super well.

the "rhr" has already begun. my craft desks are out of our room and in the garage.
now if only we can agree on how to arrange them.
good luck!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment