Tuesday, December 14, 2010

a Christmas miracle ...

let the hallelujah chorus begin.
ring the bells.
proclaim the good news.

Annicka's room is clean!!!

of course, the real miracle is that I finally got her room to a point where I can consider it "done". ok, so take a good look - there's some minor things that still need attention (ahem, ugly trundle bed much) ... but let's just call it done so I can post these pics and not feel like I need to post constant updates on it (even though you know that, eventually, I will)

so, I've been needing to get in there. Annicka's been back in her room for about two months now and judging from my cleaning job today - you would've thought she'd been in there two years! In fact, I had taken Ohna (that's the hamster) out and put her in our room ... there was just way too much Ohna "evidence" around the room! I don't know what my ten year old is thinking sometimes, but it appeared as though she's been letting the hamster run loose in there! ugh.

Of course, I started this project over the weekend - with Annicka. Being easily distracted, though, and having lots of other things to do - it ended up being half done (read: torn apart and not yet put back together) and left that way. So, this morning I decided it had to be finished. come heck or high water ... school pick-ups and errands aside, it was going to be done by tonight.

I had a morning shift, an afternoon shift, and finally an evening shift ... I quickly came to the conclusion that doing it without Annicka was better overall. I was fuming today, especially, so it was better she wasn't there for me to yell at! I got rid of two boxes of "stuff" and all the rest of the toys went in the closet - and, for now, they're grounded. Ohna is back, I realized that I have enough babies of my own to keep me awake at night ... I don't need a furry one that likes to run on a wheel all night long! Her books are put away neatly, those are not grounded.

It probably sounds a little harsh to many, but at this point I figure if there's "nothing" to play with and get out ... then there's no mess! And you might take note, I did not follow Annicka's example and just throw everything in the closet ... it's in there quite neatly!

Oh yah - did I mention the tv, dvd, and games are gone too? oh yah - I'm for real this time. My goal is to get all the kids to the point that they can pick up on their own ... my quest for cute and functional rooms is never ending it seems. I just keep telling myself that as soon as I can make it work for them, the rooms will stay clean. hmmm - wishful thinking? tis the season!





No comments:

Post a Comment