Friday, December 24, 2010

guess who's been to our house???

did you say Santa?
ding, ding, ding!

or should that be jingle, jingle, jingle???
well, the truth is - my kids don't believe in Santa!
now - I've been put on the spot about this,
and even called a "mean mom" (all in fun) ... but let me tell you
I grew up never believing Santa was real and I turned out fine!

oh, so that's what's wrong with her!
LOL!

but really, I just think it's fun to "play" Santa!
I guess the reason I officially decided not to lead my kids on was twofold:
1) he's not real. if I led them to believe he was, then they found
out the truth, they could potentially question the authenticity
of, say, God. (I read that years ago and I think that hit me most)
2) he's not what Christmas is about, so why not tell them the truth and
let it be more like a game - just a fun part of Christmas, but not the focus

enough of that now!
I just wanted to throw it all out there!

so, in the interest of our fun game ... "Santa" has come and gone,
leaving behind oodles of gifts for the children!

Liam's pile ... please take note (I'm kinda proud of this):
Liam is getting a hippopotamus for Christmas!

do you see it there in the front? it's a wooden hand-made
hippo that clacks when you roll him along - too cute!
I'm not gonna lie, when I took Liam out to Christmas shop
we saw a stuffed hippo baby toy and I was very tempted
to have him get it for Zoey, but we chose a doll instead!
imagine TWO hippos in one Christmas!
Jericho's pile

the boys' share pile
(now, before you go thinking - what, no fair - remember
that Annicka did get that bike!!!)

Annicka's pile

Zoey's pile

that Santa piggy bank is for all of us!
I thought it would be fun to start saving our change for Christmas time!
I haven't completely decided what the money will be
used for, but it will be something special and meaningful!

and please don't be thinking these giant piles are just from us!
my parents really spoiled the kids this year (after my mom kept telling
me it was going to be a "small" Christmas) and this is the gifts from
them, Grandma (minus the stockings, of course), Auntie, Uncle,
a friend (the other gift they opened today was our other gift from a friend), and us!

I can't wait to see their smiling faces in the morning!
that's the best part when you're a parent, isn't it!

Happy Christmas 2010 everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment