Thursday, December 16, 2010

how do you like that new pic up there???

ya know, it's not often I give advice - on any subject.

"oh, you have four kids ... what should I do about (insert parenting challenge here)"
... uh, huh? I have no idea. do you see how my kids act?

"oh, you're so good at that blogging stuff, how do I (insert computer question here)"
... dude, really? blogging is so simple. I know nothing about computers!

"oh, your pictures are always so good, how do you always get such good ones"
... now, some of you may be surprised, but yes - people actually tell me this!

I have a pretty high standard when it comes to photography, so - while I get absolutely
thrilled on occasion by catching a great shot - I'm generally not super happy
with the way my photos turn out! that said, they are what they are.
they are what my children will have and that's why I blog them
(not because I even pretend to be a photographer - ok, maybe I pretend,
just a little bit ... but I'm not a photographer, ok)

so, if someone actually does ask me for photography advice, I'm quick to be sure
there's an understanding that I'm not a photographer ... I just happen
to have a super camera and I (yes, still) really need to take some
classes to use it to it's full potential! but, if there's one thing I can say I know -
it's this:

if you want to capture "good" pics (and I'm not talking lighting, etc.) then there's
one thing you need to learn: how to push the button. and keep pushing it.

if you take three shots, especially with little ones, you're not likely to get a great pic.
now, sometimes one does get lucky enough to capture something awesome in just
on click - but, in my experience, this is rare.

so, again, I say - decent shot up there gracing our blog header, isn't it?
well, here's just a glimpse (and by that I mean, there's many photos not making
it to this post) of what it took to get a couple "good" pics:

these are in no particular order!






















Gesundheit!

and, because when I print my blog book I'll
have no idea what pic is up there - here it is!

1 comment:

  1. When we go somewhere I can easily take 100 pictures. Even if it's just the park by our house. Sounds ridiculous but it's the only way I get good shots. I figure if I take enough some of them are bound to turn out decent. :) Maybe one day I'll be able to save for a decent camera.

    BTW your kids are adorable. I think the picture turned out pretty good.

    ReplyDelete