Tuesday, December 21, 2010

changes are a coming ...

yep. we've decided to renovate. actually, more like "rhr" (that's rented home renovation - aka: rearrange!) I think we'll be waiting until after Christmas, for two reasons: a) all the decorations can be put up and b) hubby will have the week off ... which means I can take advantage of his manly strength and physical fitness (neither of which I possess). the goal is really to make the house work better for us. I've found that I just can't seem to get around to my hobbies with everything up in my room. never mind that it's still not organized - but I feel a little holed up in my room and it doesn't lead to much creativity. also, because it's upstairs, I just don't find it working on the weekdays - as I spend most of my time downstairs with the kiddos. so, our garage is going to be part game room (that's for the hubs, his collections are already neatly contained out there), part craft room - that will be for me, and then part pantry (again, as it already is)! what's being used as a dining room now will soon be a playroom and our table will be moved to the "real" dining room! this will work out great, as I'll make a small play space in the garage - for the babies (I know that Liam is closing in on three and Zoey is nearly one, but can I please keep calling them my babies. please.) so that while the big kids are at school, I can still hobby and have them near-by. and since the garage is just off the kitchen, and the playroom is right there, they'll all be close no matter what! we're thinking of moving the computer upstairs - that's my idea. I have this idealistic plan that by having it up in our room, I won't be able to just sit at it so much. we'll see how the pans out! so, like I say, changes are a coming and I'm super excited. I've been itching to get some fun going on around here with decor and organization and such and I've felt like I had limited outlets (pretty much, just the kids rooms). I still haven't figured out quite how I think I'm going to have time for all this fancying of the house, outside of that week off, but it will happen. slowly, I'm sure - as usual, but surely. yay for "new" things.

I might mention, this is also in light of the fact that while I also had this sort of idealistic plan/hope to go to school next year ... it's not going to happen. I so long to do some courses on cinematography, photography, and maybe writing - but it's just not going to work out right now. I guess I'm hoping, too, that by organizing my life/time better I can do some studying on the internet - I know one can find lots of information on photography, so I'll start there! perhaps, one day, I'll go to school again ... in the meantime I'll be busy with babies, the house, all that good stuff! and I'll be blessed beyond measure, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment