Thursday, January 27, 2011

the party ...



it's been tough to get all my blogging done, as we've had both my parents and hubby's mom visiting for Zoey's birthday! they've all gone home now, though, so hopefully I can catch up and keep up again! saturday was our princess' party (if you missed the count down over on her birthday blog, check it out)! She's had a cold (in fact, she's still not over it), but was in a pretty good mood anyway! she even let me take a pic of her with all of her guests (ok, not the kids - that would have been nuts) ... I'm really glad I did that too as it's a great way to remember and to someday be able to show her! that morning Annicka had made a little birthday creation with the blocks while I was decorating and getting things ready! Zoey was asleep when the first guests were arriving, but she soon woke up and put her party face on! we didn't do a candle, I was really striving not to overwhelm her too much - she's never been in a "crowd" ... and indeed when we all gathered around her high chair and sang happy birthday, we didn't get through it. I think we had just sang "to Zoey" when she burst into tears! poor baby! that was the end of that. I took her out and she got daddy cuddles while I served everyone cake ... then I put her back and let her try her cupcake. she didn't really have any interest in it. I gave her a taste of the frosting and she took a couple swipes at it with her finger and hand - that was about it, though. no smashing. no huge mess. maybe next year? we waited until most of the guests had gone home and I opened her gifts for her. she got awesome gifts - oh, that reminds me I need to get the thank you cards out! me and my memory. anyway, it was a wonderful celebration of Zoey's first year! here's some pics I snapped that day ...

































No comments:

Post a Comment