Monday, January 3, 2011

facebook ...

I don't know if I've ever blogged on the subject of facebook, rest assured - this isn't a post "about facebook" either! Facebook seems to have taken over the last couple years, though - and I started out not liking it, now I'm in love! Basically I love it because it gives a way to stay in somewhat of contact with so many people that otherwise I wouldn't/didn't! anyway, like I said, this post isn't about facebook ... so let me get to my point. this morning, this is what I posted for my facebook status:

good morning all!!! it's monday. hubby's back to work.
kids are still home. hopin to have a productive week!

very basic. nothing too exciting there. and, no, I wasn't happy that my hubby was back at work! but I just had to chuckle as I sit here glued to a blog (I'm totally in love with decorating blogs lately, I should clarify: thrifty decorating blogs) and thought, I'm not making the first day of my "productive week" very productive. unless of course you count getting all sorts of ideas for things to do around the house "productive"! not only is my house no where near a point where decorating is even a possibility, but even "thrifty" decor takes some money (unless you already have lots of "stuff" stashed, and I don't) and I don't have any of that. In fact, my goal for this week is to not spend any money! you heard me right. yesterday I got gas, diapers, formula, and groceries. our budget is tight and I decided to challenge myself to go five days without spending anything. and by anything, I mean anything. basically I decided I won't go out at all, but it also means no ordering in pizza and no online shopping. we'll see if I can remain determined enough to accomplish this goal and I'll update you all on friday night!!!

p.s. I might also mention, this is a personal goal and the hubs is not required to oblige my goal ... however, I can't send him for anything either. which means the only purchases being made will be video games - lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment