Monday, March 1, 2010

welcome home, my little princess

Gary and I headed out sometime not too long after 10am this morning, back to L.A. - to get our little princess!!! We went to the hotel and checked out and paid our bill - YIKES! Then we headed to the hospital, I was itching to see Zoey and it was wonderful to see her and hold her again. We arrived a bit past 2pm (at the hospital) and she was working on eating ... we ended up at the hospital for more than three hours between catching her up on eating, going through paperwork, us grabbing a bite to eat, signing papers, and collecting all her "stuff" to bring home (including our cooler full, ok - only half full this time - of frozen breastmilk!) ... but, we finally did leave and we were on our way home! Zoey did fabulous, she slept the entire way home (ok, she did do her little coughy/gaggy thing a couple times - but only mildly and she still didn't wake up) and did great in her carseat! We got home and it was time for diaper change and eat and - OH MY GOODNESS - pump!!! She's doing great, and in fact, I have to go as it's time for me to change her and see if she'll eat again! God bless all - and keep praying!

how sweet is that, holding daddy's finger


a little peek at the g-tube ... which I'm now realizing how much of a
pain that darn thing is - not just to dress her, but man we had a time
getting her buckled into her carseat!


all ready to go, she's still so tiny


almost home now!

sound asleep in her little "bed" we bought for her!

2 comments:

  1. awww, she is so precious, so glad she is home now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! I'm so glad you finally got to take her home. Did you cry? I did when we finally took Jack home and Jacob got to meet him for the first time! I still tear up just thinking about it......ANYWAY!

    I've been thinking about you guys a lot and praying for little Zoey. Keep up the great work, and I will do my best to keep up with your blog with no internet at home anymore! :P

    Love ya lots!

    Cindy P.

    ReplyDelete