Monday, March 8, 2010

a very good day for eating!

last night I was SO excited that I had to take this pic ... Zoey ate a full 90ml (3oz)!!! That was a first for us, previously she had "nippled" as much as 79ml ... but she had a few days where I could barely get her to eat more than 10ml or 20ml - so this was truly thrilling to me! I have to add, too, that she did wonderfully today as well ... I "tubed" her middle of the night feed, then she ate on her own several times (90ml twice and 60ml) ... tonight she didn't do as well, but she may have been tired from eating well all day - and it was a big day, as we had to go to L.A. for her surgery follow up (g-tube) appointment! anyway, just had to share!
p.s. Please keep praying specifically for her gagging, it has been worse again ... I wish I knew what caused it, my guess is reflux??? Anyway, life would be SO much better if we could get that gagging/choking to go away!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how it works with a gtube in place, but with Sebastian he had pretty severe reflux...when he was formula fed it was a hypoallergenic formula and we started him on probiotics around 2 months old which seemed to help considerible! So glad to hear that she ate so well for you! We'll continue to pray that she gets better and better at sucking those bottles down!

    ReplyDelete