Wednesday, March 10, 2010

update:

I'll probably have to pop back into this post as I remember things, but I thought I'd give a little update on miss Zoey! Very great news - she's gained weight! Since her appointment eight days ago, she gained ten ounces!!! She went from 9lbs. 3oz to 9lbs. 13oz! So, my mom and I obviously were not going crazy when we noticed her feeling heavier and looking a bit chunkier! Now that she's been home for over a week and I can say that she is an easy baby! She sleeps a LOT! She sleeps the majority of the day, waking for 15-30 minutes just a couple times, evenings are her more awake and needing attention time, then she sleeps all night! In fact, I've often skipped the diaper change at 3am and just tube her the milk after her medication, rather than trying to wake her and offer the bottle ... I figure sleep is important for her to grow and heal! Other than that, I always offer the bottle when she needs to eat, for the most part she comes no where near "nippling" the 600ml she needs per day, so I have to tube after nearly every feeding - except for those times when she really surprises us and finishes an entire bottle! She is on five "medications" (actually, that includes vitamins, iron, and sodium chloride - which I don't really think of as medicine) and has to be given those at four different times through the day (9,3,9,3) ... and starting tomorrow we're adding another, for reflux (I'm really hoping this will help with the gagging)! I can't say that Zoey has given us a social smile yet, but she does smile and it's absolutely adorable ... all the little faces she makes are adorable! She doesn't like to be wet or poopy, in fact this morning she woke up at 5:15am (not a usual happening) and kept fussing until I changed her, she fell back to sleep while still on the changing table ... she just wanted a dry diaper I guess! Here's a few photos from our first week home:

first time in her little swing

I didn't even know when I bought the monitor that you could
plug it into a tv, pretty cool!



here she is ready for our drive to L.A.

cuddles with Nana

No comments:

Post a Comment