Thursday, March 18, 2010

long day ...

so, I thought it was a simple doctor appointment yesterday at 1:30pm ... Zoey was going in for her synagis shot and a quick checkup - turned out the doctor was hearing stuff through the stethoscope and didn't like the way she was breathing, so he wanted us to get an x-ray of her (I might mention that I asked the cardiologist about this, but his opinion was to not expose her to radiation, because he knows the x-ray won't be "normal"). We were at the clinic forever (I had a couple other things to do there too) and I was totally late for Annicka's parent/teacher conference ... I couldn't help it, I had no control over the situation, but I still felt like a horrible mom! I zipped over there and was able to hear what the teacher had to say, then it was home to feed Zoey and then off to the hospital for an x-ray. The x-ray looked fine, but her breathing was suddenly even more labored (I had been noticed an increase in her breathing, nothing major, but it was becoming slightly labored and she's been sweating a lot) so the pediatrician said (on the phone) to go ahead over to the ER and have her checked out to be sure. Oh the joys of the ER. She had blood work done and everything looked good with her electrolytes. At the end of it all, we brought her home (and there was a point where I really wondered if she'd have to stay) ... during our wait in the room she fell asleep and her breathing become almost completely "normal" ... nothing short of God answering prayer - that has to be what happened! We finally got home after 9pm ... she never did wake up until this morning! It made for a very long day, but praise God that she's alright! Here's a few photos from less eventful days ... and if you were a follower of my other blog, some of these pics may remind you of some pics here!!!


1 comment:

  1. Sasha, I haven't been on your blog for awhile but I love the updates and pictures! I love the pics, especially, of A with Z and the other kids too. Did you ever get pics with all 4 together? What a sweet family you have!
    Cammie

    ReplyDelete