Tuesday, June 28, 2011

sweetness ...

oh, how I wish I could remember every detail of the past fifteen minutes.
from Liam's request for me to cuddle, to laying down and cuddling
up to him - only for him to say "cuddle me".
"I am", I say, and he replies "your eyes aren't closed"!
oh, ok. hee hee.

I want to remember how his adorable face looked, as -even
with his eyes closed- he kept smiling. it would start
with that little smirk, or lips pinched up like they were trying
to not smile ... but it kept leading up to those
gorgeous teeth and his sweet little smile!

I want to remember how when he thought I was going to
leave, he said "I wanna big cuddle" ... so, I put my
arm around him (he's sometimes picky about the arm
being around him) and just enjoyed laying there
next to him. playing with his hair, caressing his face, kissing
his cheek. moments of absolute sweetness.

but, most of all, I want to remember how the love I
have for my precious little boy welled all up
inside me and it was as though nothing else existed
for just a few moments. it was just him and me.


and that, my dear friends, is probably the biggest reason I
am so addicted to blogging. a week from now I won't
remember tonight and how sweet it was ... sure, there will
be more cuddles - and they may be just as memory
worthy - but if I never wrote them down, I might eventually
forget them. I never want to forget these moments.
when my children are grown, I want to have something written
down that can take me back, that can ignite that memory
and give me a mental photograph of a time long past.

I'm really enjoying the "phase" that Liam has fallen into
this week! he is all about cuddles and hugs and
kisses ... it's a complete one-eighty from the little boy who
was making growl faces and wanting to kick and punch
everyone a week ago. I absolutely love this
change! he comes to me several times a day and wants
a hug or wants to kiss me or have me kiss him ...
and the cuddles, he is just loving them - and I love it!!!

Liam, tonight - it was just me and you.
laying on your bed, right underneath bubba, cuddling.
your sweet little "cookie cut" hair, your big blue
eyes, your sheriff Woody pajamas, your adorable little grin,
your soft baby cheeks.
my arm around you, your arm around me.
pure sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment