Sunday, June 26, 2011

Oregon - day six ...

Saturday morning began with an early dip in the hot tub with Nana and then some craft time - beading!


I can't honestly remember what we did that day???
the guys had run out of paint, shy of getting the back of the
house done ... but at least the front and sides were
"done" (ok, so my dad still has work to do with getting the
trim done and had to put fixtures and such back up).

and that evening we had a very important date, so
I got Zoey all fixed up special ...




she was sound asleep when we arrived ...

so - what was the important date?
well, if you can believe it, the absolutely adorable tiny
little girl on the far right in this photo (of a photo - below)
had graduated high school the night before!

that's right - it was the first graduation ceremony
I had attended in, what?, nine years?
(preschool doesn't count)
it was sort of crazy too! I found myself missing my
youth that night sitting there watching all
those "kids" at the dawn of a new beginning!
it was crazy to know that "my" sweet little Karli
-who I technically first met when she was in utero-
was not only eighteen years old,
but graduating!
insanity.
and ... I felt very old.
never-the-less it was an amazing thing to witness
and I am beyond glad that I scheduled this
trip specifically so I could be there that night!

here she is - all grown up!

but, being there to see her graduate meant we'd be gone by the
time her graduation party occurred - so, they had us over
for a bbq for our own little celebration with their family!
(I have to note how cute it was when Liam was asking where "my
girl with the flower" was - he really loved Karli)


the kids really like Pookie!

and they had a ball playing outside with Karli's sister
(I'm not using names - but, yes, of course I know them)




and I sure did have to laugh at myself when I went to call my own
son, Jericho, out the back door - and somehow managed to call
Karli's brother's name instead ... WOW! I must have
been having babysitting flashbacks or something - I couldn't
believe it, but as soon as I said I started laughing!






where did you fall?

the graduating girl with my dad

and with my mom, who cared for her for something
like 12 years in her home daycare!

Zoey got the seat of honor!
I always loved this highchair back when Karli's sister
was using it, it was originally Karli's moms!






there's Karli's mom - enjoying Zoey's silliness!



after dinner view from the window ...
dinner -by the way- was absolutely delicious!

and finally Karli with Zoey!


crazy to think I used to tote Karli around - and now
she can do the same with my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment