Monday, June 27, 2011

Oregon - day nine ...

let's see, this was a tuesday ... oh, yes, Karli came over to "hang"
with us for the day! so, what did we do? headed to the
mall of course! daddy watched the boys and Zoey, so we got
to have a mostly enjoyable shopping trip
(I say mostly because Annicka is really not into shopping ... she's
more into quietly asking repetitively if we're near done or begging
for some silly little item she finds that is way over priced)

just us four girls: mom, me, Karli, Annicka!

on our way out we got starbucks ... I may as well tell you all
that starbucks and the human bean were my besties
while I was in Oregon! mom and I did indulge in much coffee
drinks, mostly bought ... but a few at her house too!

and, perhaps, I should get real honest and mention that
all my most favorite fast food chains were my
besties on our trip? Fultanos - the best pizza in the world, Sonic -
the best vanilla diet coke in the world, Burgerville - the best
fast food burgers in the world - all places that we have
no where near us in California! Not to mention
Chipotle (which is where we had lunch on this day), Applebees,
and the Mexican food places that my dad and hubby enjoyed!
yes, I sure did indulge in eating out ... a lot!

anyway, back to our day, we then headed home and packed up
for Leslie's house - she was serving a delicious mexican
food meal, it's sort of her specialty, and it was amazing ... I only
wish I could have eaten more of it, in fact!

but, we had to head out -again- before we lost daylight ...
as she had agreed that her and her hubby could do
some family photos for us!

I'm not gonna lie:
it went, well, awful!


Liam wasn't in the mood - and neither was daddy,
so the mood was all wrong right off the bat!
I think a couple decent shots were captured of us
with my mom and dad ... but, as for the
family photos I was dreaming of - you know, to hang on
my wall - I don't know that we succeeded in
any! never-the-less - don't be surprised if you come over
one day and I have a photo of all of us looking
a touch stressed out ... after all, like I tell my kids:

"ya get what ya get and you don't throw a fit"

so, what was captured that day is -as of now- the only
family photos we have with Zoey and if that
means a not-so-picture-perfect photo ends up on
our wall, so be it!!!

moving right along ... it was declared that we were done and
then it was my turn to play photographer for Leslie's
family ... they were very cooperative, well - aside
from her hilarious son continuously making funny faces!
so, hopefully I at least managed to capture some
nice "snapshots" for them!

then it was back to my parents' house where mom and Karli
took a dip in the hot tub with the big kids ... and then,
something they had been waiting for, for a week -
smores! ooey, gooey, yummy smores!

I didn't get too many pics this day, but at least I can still
remember it fairly well! after the bonfire & smores
Leslie picked up me, mom, and Karli - we picked up starbucks
(yes, this was the second time in one day - I told you we were besties)
and took Karli home and had our last chat for this trip!



he was a little afraid he was going to end up in the hot tub - lol!



watching them "tub"

click on this one - Liam's face is hilarious!

being stubborn - little toot - but he looks so cute, doesn't he?










it was the kids last time to see Karli this trip!

1 comment:

  1. I love how Liam's little belly was poking out of his pj's. Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete