Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Oregon - day eleven ...

day eleven began with haircuts for two of my boys!
you may have noticed that Liam's hair was hanging in his
eyes ... in fact, it was to the point that the poor kid
was looking up constantly to try to be able to see! needless to say,
he clearly needed those bangs trimmed!

Zoey watches as Liam gets his bangs trimmed!

and of course we had Yaya do the honors!
I was very sad that we didn't get to see her too much -
it was such a busy, running around trip - but
at least I got to see her at work!
I got to have two good visits there, first when she
did my hair ... and then this day while she
did Liam's and then the hubby got
a hair cut from another lady there!!!





the results:

ok, I admit it, my hubby is right ... when we just trim his bangs
(which I've done many times, myself) it does sort of make him
look like a girl! luckily, Yaya's 9am appt. still hadn't shown up,
so we decided to risk him having half a hair cut and she got started ...


he was getting a little impatient!



big hugs for a job well done!!!

all smiles - I love this pic!
and I love Yaya, not only because she is the first
person to interpret my description of the haircut I've been
wanting on Liam for a while now (having the hubby
there also describing may have helped) but because she is
so sweet and so good to us!!!
we love you Yaya!


they had to do a silly one

talk about loving a photo!!!

he was very excited to get a blue lollipop!
and as we were leaving he broke into tears over having
to put the "tiny firetruck mater" back in the
toy box ... we asked Yaya if we could buy it, Liam
suggested a price of "fordy dollars" -yikes-
but she said that if he would do real well in the car
on the way home (no crying) then he could have it!!!
he was in cars heaven!


after the hair cuts we returned to Nana's - I can't remember, but
I'm sure we had some lunch in there ... and then it was time
to see the clock for one final time ...



and then ... it was time to hit the road again! that's right, we're near the end of our fun time in Oregon now! I had so much fun and -for the first time ever on a trip- I wasn't ready to come home! usually by the time one of our trips is coming to an end, I'm itching to be back in our own home and back to our normal routine ... not this time. in fact, every time I thought about being back home I just got knots in my stomach ... I would have much rather stayed up in Oregon with all the people who love us so very much! but, we had to return to reality at home ... so, hit the road we did ...

(and by the time we were nearing home, the knots were gone and I was getting excited to be back in the comfort of our own house again)

No comments:

Post a Comment