Saturday, May 14, 2011

the making of a playroom ...

this post is so long over due ... like, these pics (except one) are from January!!!! and, the sad fact is - it's still not "done"! you heard it, another project that got started but never completed! ... anyway, I was saving these pics for the "final" post - like a reveal - but I've finally given up on that notion (ok, I haven't "given up" - but I'm going ahead and putting these "part one" pics up now anyway). so, let's look at "the making of a playroom - part one", shall we ...

I decided to move our dining room to the intended dining room so I could make this "family room" into a playroom - I wanted a designated space for toys, etc. ... I had been itching to use some orange in the house, so this was my golden opportunity! I did all the edges I could reach (no laughing) and then my dad finished up! thanks dad

spray paint is my friend, need I go on?
I painted a curtain rod white (love my "stand") ...
and made these bins go from red and blue ...
to colors that will match the room, ya know, when it's all put together and makes sense - lol!

this is one of the things that still isn't done, I'm still in the process of painting this table white ...


and here's a tiny peek at how it looked about a month ago - the changing table is now used for the hamster, though, and has been moved!
and hopefully I'll be able to show you a finished product in, ida know, less than a year? ha ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment