Saturday, October 16, 2010

yard sale joy ...

on a quick side note, I've decided that I should blog more often ... really! I feel like I'm mostly wasting my time posting to facebook, because a lot of people are like me and don't have the time to keep up with everyone! BUT, if I blog all the silly little thoughts and things I want to share - then they'll still post to facebook AND I'll have a "record" of it, which is fun to me! So, here's to blogging more (even if it's short stuff with no photos!).

So, today was another day that I woke up not caring much about going out yard sale-ing ... but my kids and hubby are so accustomed to it now that the kids beg and my hubby strongly encourages me to go out (he stays home with the babies, and the big kids usually come with). Today was a good day, it did not disappoint! We spent a total of $36.70 (I say we, because the kids used their allowance for their stuff) and here's what we got:

*a zhu zhu pet play thing WITH six pets (Annicka)
*small batman figure (Jericho ... then Liam)
*large batman figure (Jericho - once we found the big one, Jericho decided he'd give the small one to Liam)
*converse shoes for Jericho/Liam
*three t-shirts for Annicka
*pants for Zoey
*two small Bibles for Jericho (now he'll have one to take to AWANA)
*an Xbox (it turns on, but doesn't work - but hubby might be able to fix it - it was $1)
*11 playstation 2 games
*an old gameboy color in a case (it does work)
*an atari game - the kind you plug directly into the tv
*tetris game - again, the kind you plug into tv
*a wicker type hamper/basket
*a little stand for a frame
*a snow globe (Annicka's)
*skates (this required an advance on allowance, she simply HAD to have them)
*two lemonades
*two cinnamon rolls (they were absolutely delicious)
*5 books (Annicka)
*a little halloween tree decoration that sings (Annicka)
*a jack-o-lantern decoration (Annicka)

I'd say we did pretty darn good ... I wasn't keeping track of how much we'd spent, but when I came home and figured it out I was surprised - quite well indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment