Sunday, October 31, 2010

cleaning day ...

my kids are on a song time clock right now - Flo Rida, Club Can't Handle Me - it's clean up time! When the song is over: time's up! We've emptied out the BIG closet (which is going to be transformed into a play closet) and I've taken the crib down and out of the boys room ... that's right - Liam has done so awesome that he's done with the crib! What a big boy! One less crib in the house - now if we could just get it down to one kid in diapers!!!

There's an incentive, of course, income! They don't know yet how much they're going to get - but I did offer money for their labor. Here's the catch, if they don't get this "junk" all picked up by the end of the song - then no $$$! Now, before you go thinking I'm just a mean mom - dangling a reward and then taking it back - it had to go that way because we made a mess in the process of "cleaning up", and then they just wanted to sit and watch tv!

Uh oh ... they weren't quite finished by the end of the song ... now I have to stick to my word and now I do feel like a mean mom :c

Maybe I'll have to add something else in so they can get some sort of reward for all their effort? What do you think? Do you do allowance at your house? (we do and it hasn't been linked to work, yet - but we're about to implement a system where it sort of will) Do you pay your kids for chores or are they just expected to do them - to pitch in as part of the family? I'd love to hear everyone's fabulous ideas of getting the kids involved around the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment