Tuesday, October 26, 2010

oh ... what a night!!!

my somewhat crazy day seemed to run over into my night - wow.

so, I went to bed at 9pm ... not to go to sleep, but to relax and watch some tv (I was asleep by 9:15pm). I must not have been sleeping very good, because just two hours later I woke up when my hubby came to bed - which I never do (I'm a VERY heavy sleeper). The worst part about it was that then I couldn't fall back asleep!

I was finally drifting back off into dreamland around 12:30am when a certain little someone decided she should have a midnight snack - which is completely not a normal occurrence ... but given that she doesn't take in much baby food, still, we're willing to give in on the occasional late night nibble. She drank about half of her bottle and drifted back to sleep - aahhh, thank goodness.

Again, I began to fall back to sleep ... and she woke up again. About an hour had elapsed, the bottle was still good - she finished it. I put her back in her bed at this point and she did indeed go back to sleep (and so did I, again).

About an hour later, she was awake AGAIN. It was about 3am now and I was a bit irritated as I knew I only had a little more time to get some sleep before needing to wake up and hit the gym. It was also at this time that my hubby said "maybe the gym isn't going to work out this morning" - but I wasn't hearing it. I brought her back to bed with me, figuring even if it's not as good of sleep (because I don't sleep as well with her in bed with me) at least maybe she'll be soothed and I can snooze! She wriggled around for a bit and I fell back to sleep and so did she.

My alarm starting to sing at 4:30am ... I used up all the snoozes and decided that maybe hubby was right - I felt pretty tired - I fell right back asleep. Zoey stirred again around 5:30am, at which point I texted my gym buddy to let her know I wasn't gonna make it (dang it - I'm still a little miffed at myself for not just sucking it up and going ... but I sort of think my hubby's thoughts were expressed because he knew if I left he'd have to deal with the baby - lol). Again we fell back to sleep.

Zoey was awake again by 6:30am at which point the hubs took over (thank God) and I got a little more sleep ... sleeping later than I really should on a school day, but I felt like I needed it!

At 7am I was greeted by my two eldest children, they were wondering where their dollars were (oops) and I told them the tooth fairy visited me and told me their behavior was a little on the poor side and she wouldn't leave their money until it improved! Do you think that worked?

Of course, Annicka knows all the secrets ... I have never let her believe that any of those fun characters are real. I teach all my kids that it's just a fun thing to pretend, but really it's mommy and daddy ... Jericho doesn't believe me, stubborn boy. Anyhow, at that point the morning routine was in full force - can you believe we got out the door a bit early and there was no yelling - what an unexpected surprise!

Liam and I sprung for some McMuffins (clearly I'm not doing good on changing my diet, yet) for breakfast and I'm thinking of trying one of my five hour energy drinks as I have several things I should do today!

I guess I should be glad that I went to bed early, or I would have got even less broken up sleep! Through it all, though, I remind myself to be joyful and praise the Lord that I have a sweet little baby to wake me up when all I want to do is sleep. You're a beautiful blessing, Zoey, even at 3am!





p.s. Liam slept in his big boy bed for the night! What a big step! The boys went to bed around 8pm and when I peeked in on them on the way to bed they were both sound asleep! Dare I say my little Liam is fairly mature - he really should probably be potty training - ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment