Thursday, October 28, 2010

party tonight ...

so, we're invited to a party tonight ... and, being the party girl I am, we won't miss it (even though it's a school night). I started thinking, though, do I really want the kids putting on their costumes and then eating in them? hmmmm. I can already see the food tumbling down the chin and falling onto the chest of batman, vampire girl will surely dip her elbow into something, and Buzz - well he'll be a mess from face to foot ... what to do? That's about the time I looked at Liam and said, "Liam, do you want to be Justin Bieber for the party tonight?". He looked at me and replied, "yes, I love Bieber" (that's cute - but he has no idea what he's saying - lol ... although he does like the song "Baby").

He then proceeded to - with some crazy toddler amount of insight or brilliance or something - run over and get our headphones ...








I played the song he loves ("Baby") and started clicking away! Cute pics right? It got me thinking - I should have the kids all be celebrities.* I normally wouldn't dress up, but since I'll likely have my camera anyway, so I figure I can be the paparazzi ... yah, I get the crappy costume, but someone's gotta do it to make it realistic, right?!

Now I just have two problems: figuring out what celebrity Zoey can be (I'd really like to take her, but haven't made a final decision on that yet) and convincing the big kids that this is all a good idea! I wonder who they'll choose to be? I wonder if I can convince Jericho to be Robert Pattinson? I wonder if everyone will just think I'm the laziest mom ever and declare that I've robbed my children of the joy of dressing up (and tell me I "cheated")? I guess it doesn't matter so much, as long as their costumes are new and clean for sunday night!

Oh - and yes ... we are trick-or-treating this year ... can you believe it? I don't feel led to go into some long dissertation about why my convictions have changed, but (clearly) they have. I'm disappointed that the chapel was unable to put on their festival this year (yes, I'm sure I could find something at another church - but it's a school night and I'd prefer to just stay on base) ... but given that, I'm extra glad I told the kids they could trick-or-treat. They're really excited too and I'm sure there will be some fun to it!




*mommy translation: my kids should all be something that requires them to wear regular
everyday clothes

No comments:

Post a Comment