Monday, October 25, 2010

big boy happenings ...

I really should have taken my camera upstairs when I went to wake Liam up! It had been nice and quiet, so I assumed he might be asleep - and I was right. What's the big deal? He was sleeping in his "big boy bed"!

In all actuality, it's a mattress on the floor. Jericho's bed is built in such a way that it can either be about a foot high with a "frame" around it OR you can flip it over and the "frame" is the base for a loft type bed (and it's not too high up, which I love). When in that position you also have the option of sliding a mattress into the bottom and it becomes a "bunk bed".

We tried yesterday, but Liam was out of his room by the time daddy got downstairs. We gave it another go, daddy told him he had to stay in his bed and not come out. About fifteen minutes later, guess who was coming down the stairs? So, back in the crib it was. Today wasn't much different, but he seemed to know he had to stay on that mattress - even while I was still up there he was asking me to hand him things, as though he couldn't just get them.

So, Liam has "officially" slept in a big boy bed now! We'll see how it goes over the next two weeks and if all goes well the crib and changing table will be going in my yard sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment