Friday, October 22, 2010

patting myself on the back

I don't wanna get TOO excited ... after all, my track record seems to be to "do good" for a while and then taper off and become totally lazy again! ... but, today - for the first time in my entire life - I went to the gym. Can you believe it? It did entail waking up at 5am, forcing myself to eat (I usually don't eat right when I wake up), and overcoming a very strong "fear". I've been so intimidated - forever - that I could never even picture myself stepping foot into a gym. I'll admit, it was a bit overwhelming to take those steps through the doors ... and there were plenty of fit and sculpted people in there - which is what intimidates me the most; but I did it. I survived. Once I was in there, and especially because a super sweet friend was there to help me out (thank you miss Suzie), I was fine. My goal was to walk a mile on the treadmill - I did 1.25 miles before doing the cool down, totaling 1.31 miles! I'm very happy with myself and I hope I'll find the self discipline to continue - it really did feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment