Sunday, September 11, 2011

ten years ago.

source

it was a weekday and my husband had left for work ...
it was still quite early when I heard a message being left on our answering machine ...
it was him, my husband:
"hey babe, you might want to turn on the tv ... there's been an attack"
(ok, that's the idea - it was along those lines - wish I could remember the exact words)
I got up and listened to the message to hear it good,
now that I was awake!

I turned on the tv and all of a sudden I was living in a different world.
I had never "witnessed" anything like this before!

before long a neighbor of mine, a girl I'd gone to school with, was at my
house and we watched in shock.
Annicka was 9 months old and, of course, had no idea
how her world had changed too.
she crawled around, had breakfast, played - the world was still perfect to her.

I'll never forget that morning.
that day.

September 11, 2001



No comments:

Post a Comment