Friday, September 23, 2011

little miss happy

I feel the need to begin by being sure to take down that Zoey is not happy 24/7.
(and I have the pictures to prove it, in fact - some are on this blog!)
it's a common misconception, apparently, that children with defects 
(especially down syndrome) are somehow just happy little things non-stop.
*I've even heard one mom say it's as though people believe that our children lack
the mental ability to be anything but happy - I had never thought of it that way, but ok*

key word: misconception

Zoey is by no means some little person that lacks the capability to be unhappy, moody, ornery, 
even defiant - in her own subtle way. that being said, it is true that our little princess -like our 
other children at this age- is a generally happy girl. and I'm thankful for that. 

I'm thankful for the afternoon I plopped her in her clip-on chair while I did dishes, 
and ended up having to stop for a mini photo shoot, because: the girl is CUTE
and she was totally posing for me too, I tell ya - hollywood would be lucky to have this little angel! 
so,here are a few photos of my sweet, sparkling, happy little baby girl! 








No comments:

Post a Comment