Wednesday, August 24, 2011

quotes of the week ...

I was up early this morning (8-18) with Zoey. we were sitting on the couch cuddling when I saw little Liam's head peak around the wall from the stairs - and he asks: "what time is it?". I answered, "six, forty-five" ... to which he replied, "I hate six, forty-five". it was just funny to me!!!

aw, yes, Jericho has learned a new skill: arm farts! lovely, yes? but this "quote" is about his answer to Annicka when she whined, "how come girls can't do that" (and she meant it as having the ability to do it, not like girls should be proper - lol) ... so, Jericho answers: "because they're not sweaty and they're not cheesy". laugh-out-loud!

I'm not quite sure what to think of what Annicka just asked me: "hey mama, if we have a tail bone - how come we don't have a tail?" ... uh, I have no idea??? what the heck!!!

here's another one that made me really laugh - mostly on the inside, cause we were in public. so, we're at the commissary - stocking up on some groceries for school lunches and such. the trip went amazingly well, just a few whines for sugary foods - but, really, for having all four of them with me, it was great! so, we're in the checkout line and I'm just about to start loading my groceries onto the belt -I'll interject here and let you know that at the commissary you must tip the bagger, and when the kids are with me they like to give the money- when Jericho asks: "can I give the dollar to the human?" ... I think I probably shook my head a little and had this look of both curiosity and embarrassment. after all, I think the people behind us heard him! it just sounded so, funny ... and all I could say was "the human? ... it's a person Jericho, don't call him 'the human'".

1 comment:

  1. I was at the store around Christmas time and the cashier asked Annika Reed if she was excited to see Santa. She replied, "Santa's dead." Then walked off. Poor cashier didn't even know what to say.

    (Earlier that week we had discussed Saint Nicholas and his generosity. I told the kids that people also called him Santa Claus and it's tradition to give presents anonymously in his name. We started telling them the truth the year Heidi asked "Can Santa see me everywhere just like Jesus?")

    ReplyDelete