Monday, August 8, 2011

The Change Up ...

this one goes out to Ryan Reynolds (dude, I thought I liked you), Jason Bateman (I grew up watching you on tv man), Leslie Mann, Olivia Wilde, Alan Arkin, David Dobkin, and foremost Jon Lucas, Scott Moore, and Neal Moritz!

but, really, it's to anyone and everyone who had anything to do with the movie "The Change Up"!

my daughter, Zoey, learned something recently that we find hilarious (and, fyi, she came up with it all on her own ) - we thought she'd like to pass it on to all of you ...

so, here's Zoey's message to you ...


KISS MY ...
(butt)

I'm am beyond glad that I was forewarned not to see this movie, being told that it not only uses the r-word ... but goes further by saying (about a baby, in a negative tone) "this one looks a little downsy".

really? and just what is "The Change Up"'s definition of "looking downsy"??? I'm appalled. I'm disgusted. I'm angry. I'm sad.

one of my favorite things to do is see movies and I'm passing that love onto all four of my children ... so should I now fear that as my children get older (I say this only because this is a rated -R movie, so it's not as though I would have been taking them to it) I won't be able to take them to the theater, because they may hear: derogatory, demeaning, hurtful, confusing things about their sister - and, for Zoey, herself?

shame on you Ryan for saying that, do you not understand how hurtful that would feel to a person with down syndrome, or a parent of a child with down syndrome? and shame on everyone who didn't stand up and say - that's too far.




No comments:

Post a Comment