Friday, February 5, 2010

Zoey update:

On Wednesday Zoey graduated from her big bed to a "regular" little bed (the kind that all babies are in at the hospital). She's been eating pretty well from the bottle (it's breastmilk - I pump every three hours, and YES I feel like a cow ... moooooo)! Some times she seems to get a little worn out and needs a break before finishing it, they're giving her 75ml at this point - and yesterday they began fortifying it to add some calories to try and help her gain weight. However, the report this morning was the same as yesterday - she's lost weight. She was under lights again yesterday as her bilirubin levels were up to 14, today it's down to 10 so she'll likely be done with photo therapy! Yesterday she looked purple-ish to me ... and I'm getting conflicting information on that! Some of the docs and nurses have said that that's typical for her condition, that she may have a blue-ish color to her ... but one of the docs last night told me that her condition would NOT cause her to be blue ... so ????? The nurse yesterday also said she noticed her breathing a little fast at times. Despite all that, all her monitored levels were fine. They did a chest x-ray last night and said her lungs looked better than before, so there's no issues there ... and her heart looks fine - in as much as it hasn't gotten bigger or anything.

Our little Zoey is just so precious. It's very hard splitting my time between home and the hospital. Most days, now, I go visit Zoey just one time - and usually only for about an hour. It's a little hard to be there for too long, I get to the point that I just want to leave her with the nurses to be cared for ... at the same time I just wish I could bring her home. It's such a strange experience to have your baby being cared for by other people ... and to think that they know her better than I do! Last night I was really missing her, to the degree that if I hadn't been so exhausted I think I would have driven there to see her (and I had visited twice yesterday, due to forgetting milk the first time - and they were completely out). I know she's safe there and that's a comfort and I don't want to bring her home before she's ready - so my prayers is that the other doctors will be as cautious as this last one (they go in four day shifts) was!

We so appreciate all the prayers being lifted up on our behalf! We are so blessed right now with prayer, meals, and even gifts for our sweet little girl! God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment