Monday, February 15, 2010

today's update

just wanted to put a little update! First off, I believe it was Saturday that I noticed a little "bump" (for lack of a better word) on Zoey's head. Many nurses/doctors have felt it and think it's a certain sort of benign tumor (it's common) that sometimes goes away on it's own ... but they've said it's something to keep an eye on and if it grows it will be in the way and then it would need to be removed! I'm praying that it will just go away on it's own!

Zoey is now on vitamins: a multi vitamin, iron, and vitamin D. They're now using polycose to fortify the breastmilk, and have increased the volume but reduced the calories to 22 (and the volume is 65, instead of 60 - which is 2 ounces). Her rash has greatly improved, so they believe that may have been part of the problem (the milk based neosure, though polycose has whey in it). She's still on the lasix, I believe three times a day; as well as the blood pressure medication, also three times I think (and as of the other day her dose had increased again - initially it was .1, then .3 then 1!!!) ... and she's still getting the sodium chloride as well. Due to her still being on the cold side, they're testing her thyroid to see if it's functioning properly - I believe we'll have those results tomorrow?

She's still a bit up and down with her feedings and therefore still has that darn tube in her nose, right now they're main focus is getting her to realize that she wants to eat - lol! I was told today that it's likely she'll go home at that two week point (two weeks of being here) and then come back at two months (age) for an appointment (or appointments) to access her readiness for surgery ... and likely have the surgery right around the two months of age point!

She is so beautiful and it amazes me every time I see her. It's sort of weird though, as I don't feel a huge need to be at the hospital constantly - I guess there's just only so much of doting on a sleeping baby that can be done? Also weird, as much as I miss my other kids - this feels a bit like a much needed get away! Hey, don't judge me - life has been busy and crazy - what can I say?!

blessings to all and keep up the prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Sash, you are doing a good job! Do not feel bad for using this time to take a breather!! There is a reason that God gave a such a wonderful family network. We are better mothers when we take time for ourselves and get a little R and R every once in a while.!

    ReplyDelete