Tuesday, February 16, 2010

today's update

not a whole lot new today, BUT ... Zoey is now "ad lib" for feeding! Which means, instead of her having to take in 65 ml every three hours - she now takes what she wants, when she wants ... and they'll see how she does! When I was in there today, they hadn't heard the thyroid results. She still has that darn hyper gag reflex too ... I really hate that! I don't know why, but gagging is just not my thing and even when I'm able to remain calm - deep down it bothers me to see her do that (at least she never actually vomits though, cause that would affect her weight!). So, that's about it for today - I had a good little visit this morning. When I got there the occupational therapist was feeding Zoey (and she'll continue this, to evaluate her - at least on occasion) and she gave me a helpful tip to try to desensitize that hyper gag reflex! We also talked about nursing, but in all honesty - I have no desire to even try at this point. I feel like I should want to or I should feel guilty that I don't want to, but for me right now I like to look at the bottle and know how much she has eaten (and she's still getting the breastmilk, that's what's really important - right?)! After that, I held my little princess - for over an hour! It was quite wonderful, I must say ... and I would have held her longer, but I was getting super hungry! She's so beautiful and so precious and I just know she's perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment