Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Zoey today ...

so, today I went a little earlier than normal ... I just felt like I wanted to go see my little princess (and take up more milk) ... which worked out because the doctor/medical director was there and so we got to meet him - and then he wanted to talk with me as well. Here's the news: Zoey is going to be moving! She'll be taking her first helicopter ride (what a lucky little girl) tomorrow or the day after and heading to the NICU at UCLA hospital! The doc just feels that they've done all they can for her here and that things aren't improving the way they would have liked. Zoey is still breathing hard, the lasix yesterday did get some of the fluid off - so that's good ... but even the doc said he feels almost as though she's going "backwards". Another thing to pray for, you'll note in the pics that she has some rash - we're hoping it's just a heat rash AND they are putting cream on it and we need to pray that it doesn't "go systemic"! There's so much to say, I feel like I always forget bits and pieces ... just pray, pray, pray! We won't know at what point they'll do surgery ... but the doc today did tell us he expects that she'll be hospitalized until that point. Again, I want what's best for Zoey ... but I also feel very sad to be missing so much of these special early days when most mommies get to just dote on their little ones. I continue to pray wisdom for doctors, especially as now we'll be seeing all new ones ... I also pray to meet more wonderful nurses and still get to visit my baby whenever I want! Blessings to all!









3 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful. I am glad you were able to talk to the dr. We are praying. love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just love the black and white picture of you looking at her! :) I know this all must be so, so hard, but God has not forgotten you! He is in control and loves you all so much. All things will work together for good. I will continue to pray. She's in good hands, so just "enjoy" this time as much as possible. Love ya lots!
    (Cindy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. **TEARS** We are praying Sasha!!! I love the pic of her looking at you and you at her!!

    ReplyDelete