Sunday, February 7, 2010

a very special "outing" ...

today, something very special took place: two sisters met for the very first time! After a conversation with some of the nurses yesterday, it was decided that perhaps some effort should be made to see that Zoey's older siblings could see her. The nurses told me yesterday, "we'll see what we can figure out"! So, today - their plans came to be ... I decided on it being just Annicka - as it needed to be a mellow "environment" and with a five year old, you just never know (but I felt her alone, she'd be fine). So, I got the final word and we had to head out right away - in order to get our little five minute visit done before it was time for Zoey's dinner! Annicka was quite excited (thank goodness, you just never know with her what her response might be) and asked all the way there how close we were. When they wheeled Zoey off the elevator Annicka asked me "is that the baby", I told her "yes" and she got a big smile on her face. It was Zoey's first time out of the nursery (children aren't allowed on that floor of the hospital at all, so they had to arrange a quiet meeting place) and she looked so cute and comfy in her little travel isolette! I was most surprised that they let Annicka reach in and touch her! The nurse had had her "sanitize" her hands before entering the elevator - and said that was good ... I told Annicka to only touch her feet, but the nurse actually showed her how to touch her head and hand! It was very very sweet - in fact, it kind of took my breath away, seeing my girls together for the very first time! Annicka loved it! She said she was small and that her hair was soft! I hope Annicka will remember that moment for always!


I got one photo - ONE! My camera battery decided to quit, so sad, but I'll treasure this one photo forever ...

3 comments:

  1. What a special moment! I know it felt great to let her see her baby sister for the 1st time!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW Sash...this is beautiful...! I teared up reading it! <3 Love you sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an important first picture....sisters first time meeting! :) You should definitely get it enlarged!! :)
    Love you Sash!

    ReplyDelete