Saturday, April 24, 2010

update:

no pics tonight, sorry I'm getting tired already! Zoey's oxygen tube was gone this morning when we went to see her, as were the IVs! She's now on "oral" lasix (yesterday she had to have some potassium, think I forget to write that) and that's it for meds (that I know of, but maybe still pepcid?). She was having some fussy times today, the nurse said that the passy worked for her ... it's so sad to see her upset, she was sound asleep when I went in this afternoon and out of nowhere she woke up crying and continued to cry - and cry hard, which is not like her! The nurse asked if she gets like that at home, NO - so she gave her some tylenol ... I got her to take the passy and she was finally ok! She was talking at me and smiling at me (ok - first she was smiling at her mouse and elephant - lol) again this afternoon, such joy! Still on track for going home tomorrow, even though she's only poo-ed once since the 19th (they gave her a glycerin chip last night, but she didn't "go" until this morning). Her pee-ing is good, but of course the lasix is helping that (but that it's improving with lasix dosage going down is still good). I'm excited to have her home, just a bit nervous because of the fussing I've seen - no fun :c The nurse did say she slept through the night, though - so hopefully that hasn't been disrupted and she'll continue! I still haven't held her, I wanted to - but I haven't been shown how and didn't want to search the nurse down to ask! Oh my little princess, this soon shall be "over" and we'll move on ...

No comments:

Post a Comment