Wednesday, April 21, 2010

some catching up ...

let me start by saying that I'm much too tired to be bothered with saying too much - lol! I will give a quick update on our little princess though: we went and visited her three times today! Her central lines were removed over the course of a few hours. She is now on lasix four times a day. Her other lines, that drain blood from the lungs, are still draining a decent amount ... so, they're not likely to come out tomorrow as originally thought. When we saw her this morning, and again after we ate lunch - she was fussy and apparently in pain. The nurse gave her some tylenol, it didn't make a difference so she gave her oxycotin ... and again another dose a few hours later. Tonight when we visited she was asleep and peaceful, praise Jesus. They started some feeds too! The first was just pedialyte, to see if she tolerated it. The nurse did it through her g-tube as she had no interest in the bottle. Now they've moved onto breastmilk, starting with 30ml and then 45ml and will work their way up to 90ml! Her urine catheter is now out as well. She can't be held until all those "lines" are out, so I just hold her hand and touch her so she knows I'm there - oh what a sweet thing she is. She was in a regular big hospital bed, but when we returned after lunch they had switched her to a crib! We went to the gift shop today and bought a little goody for each of the kiddos - Liam's was a huge balloon and for Zoey I chose a big butterfly that can hand on her bed, and later - in her room! Annicka got earrings (shh, her and Jericho don't know yet) and for Jericho a watch! Then, this evening, we went to a mall - a REAL mall - I picked up some clothes for all the kiddos and we ate dinner. Liam got to play in the play area, oh the fun he had - he was quite unhappy to leave! After that we returned to see Zoey again, and as I said - she was peaceful. She even opened her eyes for just a few seconds! I'm sure I'm forgetting bits & pieces -but like I said, I'm tired! So, I'll leave you with some photo catch up!

Sunday night I walked around the house and captured what everyone was up to (Zoey was sleeping & Gary was with Liam)






Monday I decided to get Jericho from preschool early and go pick up special lunch - happy meals! I had completely forgotten that his and Annicka's carseats had already been moved to the car - so, I had no other choice but to put him in Liam's carseat! Of course, he's over the weight limit - but for height I think he was just barely over the "1 inch rule"!!! He actually liked it quite well and, fyi, was quite comfortable!

The van is all packed and we're ready to go!


I love how excited kids are to be at a hotel, of course I think he was just excited to be able to run around - lol!
Zoey enjoyed some swinging - oh how she loves to swing!
It took him a bit to fall asleep in a new place/bed (I forgot to do my normal routine of having him sleep in the pack 'n play at home for a few nights) ... but, finally, he settled and slept fine!
Tuesday - surgery day - they have free breakfast here, so we enjoy bringing it to our room to eat!
I've shared photos of Zoey, but here's Liam during our three hours in pre-op!


... and after they took Zoey and we ate lunch!
Today:









No comments:

Post a Comment