Thursday, April 22, 2010

today ...

let's see if I can remember everything from today! Throughout the course of the day Zoey made a lot of progress ... her chest tubes were removed, as were her pacer wires, due to fluid on the lungs they've added a second diuretic and were putting the lasix on a drip (she still has her IVs), she's also still getting pain medication (oxycotine or oxycodone???). She still has her little oxygen tube at her nose, but half the time it's out (and in fact, when she was awake she kept pulling it out -lol). That's right, you heard correctly, we finally got to see her really awake tonight! AND Gary got to hold her (I was nervous about feeding her and then we had to go - so poor mama didn't get to hold her) and feed her, since we were there for her 5pm feed ... she sucked down 60ml in no time and the nurse was going to give her 30ml more!

I'm sure some people will think bad of this, but I've enjoyed a couple trips to the mall. Oh how I've longed to shop at a "real" mall - I'm such a mall girl! So, when I found out there was a mall just two miles away ... and that it had almost all of "my" stores, I asked Gary if I could go. There's a game store, so it didn't take too much convincing and we all went last night. We shopped and Liam played at the play area and we ate dinner ... then today I went back again and got to do some relaxing (aka: take my time) shopping! I found lots of cute stuff for the kids - some was GREAT deals and a couple things were splurges!

So, that's the update. It's a good day and they tell us Zoey is doing great! I certainly don't want to rush her home, but I look forward to it! It will be nice to be back home and be done with hospital stays! Hopefully tomorrow I can hold my little princess. Keep up the prayers all, we need quick and complete healing for her and safe travels and all that! God bless you all.

I wasn't gonna mess with tubes, but I had to get a pic
with a bow!!!






Liam is doing great too, he really does keep himself fairly
entertained and - though he's had his moments - he's
doing awesome for his age!

No comments:

Post a Comment