Friday, April 16, 2010

note to self ...

do not, I repeat, do NOT think to yourself: "today will be an easy/simple day"! Every time I have a day that looks - on the calendar - like it will be simple, it turns into the longest day ever. Take, for example, today:

8am ... drag myself out of bed, how kind of my hubby and mom to have let me sleep in (of course, I was up a few times, but still) ... followed by all the usual morning getting myself ready for the day, then feeding Zoey - getting her ready for the clinic
9:30am ... arrive at clinic, Zoey needs an x-ray, an EKG, and blood work (we found this out yesterday when the surgeons clinic called to tell me they faxed the pediatrician what they needed done ... never mind that we [thought we] had already done our pre-op appt with him)
11:35am ... Zoey and I are finally leaving the clinic. She had her x-ray, I have the cd to take to UCLA. She had her EKG. They couldn't do the blood work because, according to their protocols, they can't take that much blood - ugh. I've activated my prescription, it was only a half hour wait - ugh. and, I managed to forget the dts papers ... so I leave - I'll get my medication when I come back with the papers for insurance.
11:45am (ish) ... we're home. Give Zoey a change and her lunch. Return phone calls that came in while we were out. Grab the papers and head back to clinic - alone this time, hopefully this will be fast!
1:30pm ... I'm finally leaving the clinic again. Paperwork had to be done over for a few of our appointments, they haven't received any of the faxes, the surgery trip now has to be under my name (which means now Gary has to figure out how to get time off work - leave or a pass? it also means more money out of our pockets, but hey - I'm just going to appreciate that we get reimbursed at all, as I know any other insurance would not provide this type of coverage) - I think we've gone over everything. I have my new dose medication.
2:30pm ... I've been home, made more phone calls. Heard from Gary, apparently they failed to tell him he's not eligible to donate full blood - really??? He's donating platelets and plasma, but if Zoey ends up needing blood - it won't be his - please be in prayer for this while praying about surgery! I've changed Zoey and she's ready to head to the hospital for her blood work.
3:15pm ... we're at the hospital. I couldn't resist stopping for a frappaccino, it's the first sustenance I've managed to make time for yet today - great diet, right! I see the lactation consultant and have to say hi ... she takes me to see another lady I got real close to at the hospital, she was so happy to see Zoey - and gave me an afghan that came from one of the doctors - how nice is that! I think that was a fun highlight of today, seeing them! We get to the lab and the waiting room is empty, however - we end up waiting an hour before finally being called back (I totally don't get that either!)
4:45pm ... we're leaving the hospital now. Heading over to pick up a chai latte for Nana and our dinner - Me 'N Eds pizza - I can't wait to sink my teeth into that!
5:45pm ... we're home. Home sweet home. Pizza, yum. Couch, aahh. Swing for Zoey, she absolutely loves it (did I ever mention about the swing that was gifted to us? It's one that plugs in, love it)
6:30pm ... decide to blog "real quick" while Zoey's bottle warms up.

It's been a loooooonnnnngggggg day! Now, I'm off to feed little miss. Hopefully my hubby will be home soon, and if he's feeling ok - my mom and I have some parties we've been invited to - we shall see!

So, what I thought was going to be a "lazy friday" following our busy week - oh yah, it was:
Monday: L.A. all day to see both the heart surgeon and the g-tube surgeon, Zoey got her tube changed to a "mickey" (there's no longer a tube hanging out of her tummy, it's just a "button" and we have to attach a tube to use it)
Tuesday: Santa Barbara to see the cardiologist
Wednesday: local - pediatrician and Liam and I went to see Annicka get her awards at the school assembly
Thursday: Santa Barbara to see the g.i. doc - he decided not to change anything for now, he'll see her again post surgery
ended up not being so! Oh well, at least everything is done now! yay!

Thank You, Jesus, for getting me through another hectic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment