Tuesday, April 20, 2010

it's surgery day ...

here's what I just posted to facebook -I'm having a problem accessing my photos, so I'll have to add those later:

So ~ here's a recap of our morning: we got here just before 9am, got into pre-op about 9:45am, Zoey had last eaten at 5am - so at 10 we gave her pedialyte. We were in pre-op until about 12:30pm ... Zoey was quite content nearly the whole time ~ and we managed to keep Liam pretty happy too (I even got him to sleep & he slept about an hour). The anesthisiologist came and carried Zoey away to the O.R. We went & took care of some stuff, then ate! I had one more thing to do, now I'm in the waiting room & the long wait really begins ... It's raining out, but hubby wheeled Liam around for a bit - now they're back to join me ... We'll see if we can get some internet!


p.s. the "things" we had to do were figuring out the whole pumping/storing milk thing! They said that in the PICU they will only store 20 bottles at a time!!! However, they said that the NICU might store any extra, given that I can't just drive it home! After we had that all figured out I went to the pump room, waited for the person in there to get done, only to realize I had forgotten the tubes for it - oh no! So, back to the PICU I went and they were able to give me another kit ... so finally I got to pump (it had been almost 7 hours)! Hopefully from here on out I can get on a schedule again with all that!

No comments:

Post a Comment