Tuesday, April 20, 2010

our little princess ...

I'm sitting here, just amazed at the day! We got to see our little princess, after over seven hours apart ... I put my finger in her hand and began to cry, I put my head on her bed and let it out - and then I was good again. It's one of those days that feels like it was so long, it couldn't have been merely a single day. I can't believe that this morning my little baby had a broken heart, but tonight as she peacefully sleeps in a hospital room - her heart has been made new! Zoey's nurse said she is doing amazingly well, she said they've been seeing babies "like this" go home after just three days! God is so good. He kept Zoey safe in His hands and He worked through those doctors hands! Zoey's surgery was officially "done" a little after 7pm, we saw her at about 8pm ... after a minute or two of observing her, Liam declared "Zoey mess"! It made us all laugh! It is, indeed, hard to look at her with all that "stuff" ... you just don't truly understand until it's real life and it's your baby!

This morning my little angel looked up at me, cooed and smiled as I washed her hair in preparation for her day ...
in pre-op she was so content! she lay there quite happy, just kicking and reaching. daddy held her and she gave the biggest smiles ... later he held her again and she napped. she was sucking an imaginary bottle - lol, that's seriously how it looked - and even sucked her binky. then, the anesthesiologist came and carried our little baby away to the operating room ...




and tonight, this is how our sweet and precious baby girl looks. she is on pain medication, antibiotics, and will have pepcid - as is standard I learned. they will continue the pain medication through the night so she will sleep. her little mouse is back with her again, as is the special blanket Nana bought (it's a blanket I've drooled over since I was pregnant, I just love it) - and she's all cozy and comfy.


1 comment:

  1. I'm crying as I look upon your sweet little Zoey but also with joy in my heart that God has seen you through. I know the Lord has commanded angels all around you to keep you in these tough times. I'm praying for a quick recovery so she'll be back home soon smiling at you all like she did for her daddy.

    ReplyDelete