Thursday, July 28, 2011

just a few words ...

we'll be heading home tonight, but I wanted to get a head start on blogging about our Albuquerque trip! just a few things I want to be sure to remember!

I love how Jericho called Grandma a princess, but the best part was his definition of why she's a princess: "because you cook and clean"

I also loved it when the big kids were told "no rough housing" while they were in Grandma's pool ... Liam quickly piped up and said "that's not a house ... it's not rough housing, it's rough watering" ... oh yes he did, and it stuck for the rest of the trip too "rough watering" - lol!

the kids did swim lessons this week and they all love it, Liam has taken to the water wonderfully ... in fact, he seems to have no fear which made it really hard for me to watch when the teacher decided to do yesterday's lessons in the deep pool - yikes! I wasn't so sure Liam could be trusted to stay sitting on the edge, so I made daddy stay real close by!

Annicka's been having quite the time with her cousins (they all have, but since the cousins are 8 and 10 and girls, Annicka especially benefits) - enjoying not having to do anything but play and eat, what a life ... ok, so I've been enjoying being quite lazy myself - we couldn't really call it a "vacation" otherwise, right?

and the little miss, wow! she is waving "hi" so well now, she'll wave hello to anyone with just a quick "say hi" from us. she is also signing "more" very well now, and it's adorable ... I'm not sure she understands what is means (whether she just thinks it's for food, or more like a please?) but it's progress either way! she doesn't sign "baby" much any more though, sad. she is standing like a pro with the help of anything near-by ... even her play yard walls! she's also blowing kisses, which I've been working on for a while ... so far it's just her putting her hand up to her mouth and then moving it away (no actual kiss) - it's adorable! she also had her first dip in a pool, of course she loved it!

and don't worry, I have multitudes of photos to share ... once I have time to download and edit them! now let's just hope that my daily headaches (it's been nearly four weeks now) will go away cause I seriously wanna bash my own head in - it's awful!

and that's it for now, perhaps this weekend I'll have time to put up some photos ... but if anyone is reading, now you know why there's been no new posts for a couple weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment